Click BLUE LINKS for References
MELBOURNE'S WATER: A CHEMICAL 'SHANDY' COCKTAILS ANYONE?
Glen Walker (previous Chairman of the Anti-Fluoridation Association of Victoria, and author of the book, Fluoridation: Poison on Tap, Melbourne 1982) is the inspiration behind The Australian Fluoridation News. He passed away peacefully at the age of 95, on June 30, 2009 shortly after this interview. See: EULOGY and EXTENDED BIO.
"[F]ood processing often concentrates fluoride, and foods processed with fluoridated water typically have higher fluoride concentrations than foods processed with non-fluoridated water... A study that found marked differences between cereals processed in fluoridated and non-fluoridated areas showed that cereals processed in a fluoridated area had fluoride concentrations ranging from 3.8 ppm to 6.3 ppm." Warren JJ, Levy SM. (2003). Current and future role of fluoride in nutrition. Dental Clinics of North America 47: 225-43.
BOILING WATER? NO!!
May 1993 -- Kodiak, Alaska (Old Harbor): Residents were warned by phone and public radio of high fluoride levels. Officials warned that the more water consumed with elevated fluoride, the worse the danger becomes, and that boiling water could concentrate the fluoride even further. Boiling water in preparing foods always concentrates the fluoride even with 1.0 ppm. The fluoridation equipment appeared to be operating normally; 22-24 ppm fluoride was found when a monthly sample was sent to the Public Health Service lab in Kodiak. Bruce Erickson, DEC environmental manager, said these levels could indicate higher levels were in the system.
21 VICTORIAN DOCTORS SIGN LETTER OF CAUTION
CLICK HERE for full letter.
AWESOME NEW LINKS!
HEALTH ALERT: FLUORIDE WARNINGS FOR INFANTS
On November 9th, 2006, based on a National Research Council (NRC) report:
(1) the American Dental Association (ADA) warned that fluoridated water should not be mixed into concentrated formula or foods intended for babies one year and younger in order to avoid moderate dental fluorosis (white, yellow or brown stains affecting the tooth surface)
(2) On December 15, 2006, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) stated that using fluoridated water for infant formula may influence a child’s risk for developing enamel fluorosis
(3) According to the CDC, 32% of American children have dental fluorosis, a significant increase from 23% in the 1980s
(4) The Academy of General Dentistry has cautioned parents to avoid fluoridated water when making infant foods
5) The American Academy of Pediatrics has advised that fluoride not be given to infants 6 months and younger
(6) Fluoridated water (1 ppm) has 250 times more fluoride than occurs naturally in human breast milk (.004pm)
(7) The Environmental Working Group analyzed government data in March 2006, and found that babies are overexposed to fluoride in most major U.S. cities. In Boston, over 60% of formula-fed infants are over the safe fluoride exposure level
(8) On November 2006, the respected medical journal The Lancet described fluoride as an “emerging neurotoxic substance” due to evidence linking fluoride to lower IQs in children, and brain damage in animals
(9) In March 2006, the National Research Council reported that fluoride is an “endocrine disrupter” which may interfere with the normal activity of the thyroid and pineal glands
10) May 2006 Harvard study found a significant link between fluoridated water and bone cancer in boys
(11) Common household water filters do not remove fluoride; and unlike chlorine, which steams off when water is boiled, fluoride becomes more concentrated.
CLICK HERE FOR REFERENCES
CLICK HERE FOR INFANT HEALTH EFFECTS DATABASECLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN!
HERE FOR A DETAILED SUMMARY OF FLUORIDATION CHEMICALS